Sunday, April 6, 2014

Long time... no see

It appears that I am averaging one post a month these days. I am going to try to work on this...

We have been super busy around here. Robbie's mom has had lots of health issues lately. We have spent lots of time taking her to the er and then visiting her daily in the hospital. About a week ago she was diagnosed with dementia and was moved to a rehab facility. Robbie has spent every moment not at work out there with her and come home to eat and sleep. It has been a bit taxing to say the least. I am not sure what will happen when her time there is up. I personally don't think she can live alone any longer, but she can't live with us either. We don't have any bedrooms downstairs. So, we shall see.

Robbie and his siblings have had a hard time coming to grips with the fact that she is not going to be the same as she once was. I have had a hard time too because it frustrates me that they keep living in denial. So, life has been a little heated around here. But we will be ok. Please just pray that they can stay level headed and do what needs to be done for Linda. I love her dearly, but she is going to have to understand that we have things going on in our life that will not allow us to continue to sit with her daily to make her feel better. Our house is so messy and needs to be cleaned that I wouldn't even let a friend come inside yesterday when they came to pick up a cake. Our lives have been put on stand still, other than work and sleep.

I feel bad complaining in a situation like this, but I want my husband back! :)

2 comments:

  1. Praying for all of you in this situation. Dementia is such a difficult thing in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It didn't even seem like you were complaining! It just sounds like you've got some tough stuff going on right now. I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL and the tough time her children are having. Prayers for all of you!

    ReplyDelete