Sunday, January 22, 2012
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Monday, January 16, 2012
Sunday, January 15, 2012
- regularly attend Sunday celebrations (thats what we call services)
- invite others to join you at Heartsong/ church (I do this)√
- belong to a group (need to find a small group)
- learning and practicing the Jesus Centered Life (I feel I do this already)√
- reading he Bible (need to work on this one)
- praying √
- sharing the message when prompted
Sunday, January 1, 2012
I got the idea to do this from a blog I read often, Walk With Me By Faith. She does this every year, and I think I might start this as a yearly tradition too. So, here goes... 20 things about 2011
1. What did you do in 2011 that you had never done before?
Put my very first house up for sale, rode in a gondola at the Venetian in Vegas, taken on home renovation projects with the hubs, and last but not least... run out of gas in my own driveway (lol)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
OMGEE - Don't lose count, but this year was truly amazing for all my friends in this department. Here goes: E & M had sweet baby Landon Matthew in Feb., A & N had baby Garner in July, C & B had baby Henleigh in Sept., E & A had baby Wels Oct., A & B had baby Benjamin in Oct. and Sweet baby MJ in August (adoption finalized in Dec.), S & B had baby Aubree in Nov., Our sweet cousins S & C had baby Grady in Nov., J & J had babies Wilson & Addison in Nov., J & C had baby Morgan Mae in Nov., and baby Sloane made her debut on Dec. 27th to LA & J. (*sorry if I forgot someone, but I am sure you can see why I might have left someone off.)
Here are baby Addison & Wilson on their first trip to Aunt Morgan's house around Thanksgiving.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No one in our families passes away this year thank goodness. But some of our close work friends lost loved ones, and Robbie's coworker passed away.5. What places have you visited?
Our own baby to snuggle and spoil is really the only thing we lack to make life as close to perfect as we can get. But, we would both like to get healthy and lose some weight!
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched in your memory and why?
I wish I had some date here that was etched... maybe if I could remember things I would have something to put here haha
8. What was your biggest achievement this year?
Getting that much closer to being debt free... so close!!!
9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Other than normal sinus/ allergy stuff... The infamous ear infection of 2011 might could have been used in #7 (lol). It was NOT GOOD!
10. What was the best thing you bought?
12. What song will always remind you of 2011?
God Gave You Me by Blake Shelton. I love him! But I love my hubby more and this song reminds me of him! I thank God everyday for my sweet hubs! I am not sure how he puts up with me most of the time, but he does and I love for that too!
13. What do you wish you would have done more of?
being healthier, walked, gone to church more often. I really hate to admit there were times when I should have just gotten up and gone, but didn't. (that is one of my "life changes" I spoke of earlier... Church every Sunday unless I am too sick)
14. What do you wish you would have done less of?
Eating. haha no really. I wish I would have made healthier choices when eating.
15. What was your favorite TV program?
Mike & Molly is my all time fav. But Dexter & Real House Wives of Anywhere ran a close 2nd.
16. What was the best book you read this year?
The Help. (actually the only book I made time for)Man it was the only book in a long time that I have not wanted to put down. In fact I finished it in 4 nights. I was really tired during those days, but it was so worth it!
I turned 32 in 2011. My "usuals," close friends, and our hubbies, and I all went to dinner at my "usual" place, Nagasaki Inn a hibachi place. Lets just say it was not the best service and 2012 we will be going somewhere else. :)I guess the older you get the less exciting your birthday becomes. Which makes me so sad.
19. What national/world event stirred you the most?