Thursday, April 5, 2012

Glad That Is Over!

First, I would like to thank you girls for your thoughts and prayers! I know I couldn't have gotten through it without them. Second, let me say I WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!!!

First of all, ever since we made the appointment my issues have gotten more haywire. So, I wasn't even sure if we would do the biopsy today or not. But, to my surprise they wanted to go ahead with it. So, I took some ibuprofen on my way there. As she was getting ready to start the procedure she said, " I love your toenail polish." I was like nice, she is trying to make small talk. LOL She tried to tell me what everything was while she was doing it but quickly realized that was not a good idea when I jumped and say OMG please stop! So then she started whispering to the nurse. About that same time the nurse told me I needed to breathe. Apparently, the pain was so terrible I was holding my breath.

The words you never want to hear during something like this... Oh man I need to do that again. Well I heard them :( And so by that time I was sobbing... Yes, I did become a child version of myself boohooing. The nurse gave me a tissue and said you are doing so good. I was having flash backs from having strep throat and having to get shots in my younger years. Well, she finally finished what felt like an hour of torture, really only like 10 mins and gave me the bad news. No nothing about what she found... WORSE. That there was probably not going to be enough of a specimen for the pathology to find anything. So, basically I went through all of this maybe for nothing.
k
So, in about 3 or 4 weeks I will be having a sonohysterogram and she swore to me after what I did today, it will be a piece of cake... but that is not what I have read or heard...So, be ready to hear about that crazy adventure in a month or so. In the mean time, I will know something or maybe nothing at all, this time next week about my torturous biopsy.

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you! Have had the SHG before and it was so not as bad as I had heard it wold be! You will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonohyst.. not so bad.. just relax,, maybe ask if you could bring like an i=pod & listen to some of your favorite music.. sometimes listening to them..annoys me .. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry it was so horrible! I remember my biopsy. It was AGONY. I don't think I've ha'd a sonohysterogram, but I hope it's better. I'll be praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete