Sunday, January 6, 2013

Prayers Please!

I was planning to write a post today about the new year and blah blah blah... But, it just doesn't seem right after my mom called this morning to tell me that my dear 95 year old grandfather was rushed to the hospital last night around 1 am. He has pneumonia and the flu... the strain that the 2 flu shots he has had don't help. He has been in and out of the hospital in the past couple of months with blood pressure problems.

I previously wrote about how my grandparents were in adjoining buildings at the old folks community where they live. He was in assisted living and my Mimi was on the floor for Alzheimer's and Dementia patients. Well, my Andaddy had been living at home until around October. My dad finally convinced him that he should move in to the assisted living so he would be able to go visit Mimi whenever he wanted. It's so crazy how he has deteriorated since moving in there. He spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in the hospital and a few days later my mom, dad, and hubby moved him into a room with my Mimi.

Now the floor that they are on is on lockdown, no visitors until all the people get tamaflu (sp) as well as all the workers. My Andaddy is in ICU with my dad staying with him. With the report that the next 24 hours are very critical. I am just at a loss.  Have you ever seen the movie The Notebook, by Nicholas Sparks? I have always thought of my dear Mimi and Andaddy when watching that movie, ever since my Mimi started having memory issues. They are finally together and now there is chance that they wont be. Please, please pray for him to get better.

I know God has perfect timing... but I am just not really ready to lose my Andaddy! My dad is an only child, so prayers for him would be appreciated too. He is so strong, but has had a whole lot on him in recent months dealing with the logistics of Mimi and Andaddy.

4 comments:

  1. Prayers coming for your Granddad & your Dad & you!!! I'm adding you all & your intention of health for your Granddad to the Mary, Undoer of Knots Novena I'm currently praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great News! Thank you for all your prayers! They are planning to release Andaddy from the hospital tomorrow. He ended up not having pneumonia, thank goodness. But the Dr. did say he had a a really bad case of the flu. He will continue the tam-a-flu (sp) just to be safe.

    ReplyDelete