Wednesday, March 21, 2012

People Behaving Badly

Why is it that in life the "good" people follow rules, do as they are told, and make the best of bad situations, but people who are the exact opposite always get what the good people strive for???

I am sure this is a million dollar question, but it really drives me bonkers. Is it because those people who bend the rules, live with wild abandon, and pout and cause a scene are the squeaky wheel, and the society is just trying to pacify them so that they don't have to deal with them??? Well, it seems that way to me. I am a rule follower, people pleaser (as previously stated) who strives to follow the rules and do what is right as often as I can. Maybe, it seems this way because I am so scared to break the rules, because I will be the one who gets caught. And because of how I live my life, it will be disappointing to important people... so, I just grit my teeth at those who do what ever feels good and steal my thunder.

Recently, I was stuck in the middle of rock and a hard place where this exact thing was going on. It wasn't fair to anyone including the (lets call them) squeaky wheel. I just pulled up my boot straps and tried to make the best of the situation. Well, much to my surprise (sarcasm if you don't pick it up), the wheel, was completely oblivious to it's part in the total upheaval of a multitude of people. Why is it that wheels like this DON'T see it? I so wish I could have those rose colored glasses to live life through. In this situation, I remained strong and eventually, I spoke up. It took a little while, but finally it was "fixed." So, does speaking up "fix" this everytime??? NO. Sometimes it makes things worse.

Then more recently, I was again put in a situation where, another wheel complained enough to again put me in the rock and hard place again. Question: Do I have GLUTTON FOR PUNISHMENT on my forehead??? No, I just take what I am given and make lemonade. But, I am beginning to wonder... Why can't others make their lemonade, instead of me making it for them?

Why can people just let their houses go and steal everything out of the house and move on like nothing is wrong. Who has to pay for this? ME and the people who end up buying the houses... The difference is that the people buying at least get a great deal, and I get people not seeing my house because its not on clearance.

Why are there some parents out there that act all but, put out that they have children to "deal" with? When so many of us others would die to have children?

But more to the point, why is ok for people to behave badly and then those of us who don't get to sit the bench and watch our dreams through their lives? My dad would say,"It builds character." But, should those squeaky wheels need to build character too? I guess this is one thing much like IF that I will never understand. But, it does help me self-assess and try with all my might not become the squeaky wheel. But, I will voice my opinion so those who need to know will know how I feel.

I really needed to post this a while ago, but just haven't had the time or could get my thoughts in the right order. I hope this makes sense.

Dear Lord,
Please give me peace of mind about this. I know I am not supposed to understand, I know that you have something AMAZING planned for my life. I just needed to put this out there.
Thanks for all the many blessings you have given and continue to give me! I am truly blessed!

4 comments:

  1. I am one of the good people, that's why I'm just getting home after a LONG 15 hour day. Prayers to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I've been struggling with this very issue for about a week now! I got together with my BFF a few days ago (with the express purpose of complaining about this very thing). My friend said that she knows that all of my experiences have made me stronger along the way (I know how cliche that sounds, but she was sincere about it). Anyway, my response was, (to use your term), How come the squeaky wheels don't ever have to get stronger? How come it seems like they get to skate through life, being oblivious?

    I know that everyone suffers in their own way and all of that...but I totally empathize with you!! I feel like I've been getting a heavy hammer from God lately, and sometimes it's so frustrating.

    In terms of IF, I also told my friend I was beginning to wonder what the point was of going to college, getting a good job, and being a responsible adult. Sure, I am happy in my career, etc. but there is a child-shaped hole in my life. I don't understand why so many of us struggle so hard to have something that so many others take for granted.

    Thank you for that prayer. I needed that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies thanks so much for leaving your comments. It helps me to know that I am not the crazy one thinking I am the only one seeing this :) I pray for us all! And I pray for those who are oblivious to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, yes. I totally 1000% agree about some people getting away with anything. It happens at work. It happens with family. Its hard for me to not be upset about it (you could also say bitter).
    I've always heard from people about "life being not fair", but that doesn't make things any better. I hope that Karma comes around and evens things out.
    I'm on your side, also wondering why.
    Prayers for you!

    ReplyDelete