Sunday, June 13, 2010

My new favorite song... and a few other thoughts

Well lets just say that the concert was GREAT even with the rain, soaking wet seats, and missing the first 2 songs ( toes and whatever it is... My favorite) But, I learned that my favorite would be replaced later in the show. We ran into so many people at the concert, it was amazing. ZBB puts on a great show! They even sang a song I so wish they would hurry up and release... ironic I want them to hurry, because it was talking about not being in a hurry anymore. It was really fitting of Robbie and my adventure in trying to become parents. It actually made me cry. But, below is the chorus to my current new favorite song (those who know me well know that I say every song is my favorite song, ha)

Let it go - ZBB

You keep your heart above your head and you eyes wide open
So this world can't find a way to leave you cold
And know you're not the only ship out on the ocean
Save your strength for things that you can change
Forgive the ones you can't
You gotta let 'em go


Went to the Dietitian (lets call her FF for food friend) Friday (with a bit of a hang ova). It really went way better than I had imagined! I really was expecting the food Nazi, but she was really realistic and helpful. She didn't even talk about a certain number I need to lose by our next visit. She taught me what I needed to eat each meal and that I should be eating 3 snacks a day. Basically, I know now exactly what I need to eat and when, the hard part is going to be stopping the coke and beer. The beer not so hard, but the coke... I think I am seriously addicted to it. I know you are probably thinking oh that's easy just drink diet coke. I hate diet coke. So, I am going to try to get my caffeine from unsweetened tea... I can do that. I used to have migraines and so, I am afraid to completely stop caffeine. She advised the same. I really was amazed at the fact that I can totally eat at our favorite Mexican Joint and I can actually eat what I usually do... Just no beer. The beer rationale was 1 - empty calories and 2 - I am not supposed to drink on Metformin. I knew this I just was choosing to disregard. lol

I have made my grocery list and am ready to prove to FF that I am going to be her best patient! I have 4 weeks until I go back and I want to have some success stories for her.

On a completely different note, my mother in law is moving to Collierville! Super excited about that because she will be so much closer to us. She currently lives in Victoria, Ms which is right outside Byhalia and has a lot of land. So, we have been nudging her to move closer to us with less up keep. Well she bought a foreclosure and in bad shape cosmetically, so we helped her pick out colors; and with the help of his sister, brother, sister in law, and nephew we have totally spruced it up. Hopefully we will get all the finishing touches with paint and such done tomorrow. They are coming on Monday to replace all of the carpets. So, drum roll please.... woo hoo we will be moving her in next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment