Thursday, October 27, 2011

Well the verdict is in...

Ok, so I have had one of the hardest weeks this week. First of all, I came back to work after having an entire week off from school for Fall Break, only to be very sick the whole week. I kind of need a break from my break. So anyway, this week is Red Ribbon Week... ie. CRAZY WEEK. Each day the kids have had to dress up differently. Monday was wear red, Tuesday Put a Cap on Drugs- wear a hat (crazy hat), Wednesday Drugs are Tacky (tacky clothes), Today was Team up against Drugs (team Jersey day - GO CARDS!), and get this tomorrow is Rock Star day... Which I find really ironic since most rock stars do drugs. Anyway, this means big headache and stressFUL week.

So at times this week the thoughts on my mind were, where can I go and hide, or Hmmmm, what job can I go to that is not so stressful. These thoughts are really troubling to me. All these years I have known this is what I was born to do. But this week, I am not so sure that I want to do this for the rest of my life.

Anyway, the real reason for this post is to talk about this possible baby boy. Well, I know now that this is not our baby. Finally, my friend decided to share what the nurse had sent her. ( I mean apparently it wasn't thought to be important info... since I had to pry it out of her. Which side bar: this has been a learning experience, keep the people involved to a minimum) Apparently, the expecting mom is thinking she wants to keep the baby now that the nurse isn't going to adopt him. But, if she changes her mind, she wants it to be an open adoption. This might be the right fit for some, but we are not sure that is the route we want to go. So, we are on to interviewing adoption agencies and lawyers and getting this show on the road.

Thank you all for all of your prayers!



2 comments:

  1. Oh, M, I'm so VERY sorry!!! I had hoped and prayed that this was your little boy. I'm sorry that your friend couldn't be more truthful with you initially. That had to make the decision that much harder.
    I'll be praying for your loss and asking God to lift you up during this tough time. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that this potential adoption didn't work out for you. The right situation will come along for you, at the right time, but I know that doesn't help with the hurt of disappointment. I'm praying for you - that the Lord shows you the path to your baby!

    ReplyDelete