Saturday, October 5, 2013

New territory

Today I will enter a new territory with side jobs... Today I wear the hat of Wedding event planner/coordinator. Back when the movie The Wedding Planner came out I thought man I wish I could do that!!! Well my wish has come true! Lol

Back in college I nannied during the summer. Hard to believe that these two girls are old enough to be marring age(must make me old lol) but one of them will become a wife today. I'm so excited for them! Anyway, her mom contacted me a few months ago and asked if I could help set up a candy buffet at the reception. I said sure... As the time got closer she asked me to do more and more and I eventually got the title of her wedding day coordinator. I've been so chill about it... But now I have to admit I'm a little nervous. Only because this is the most important day of her life ya know! 

We had the rehearsal last night at the church. They are Catholic, so maybe you Chatholic buddies can confirm or deny wether the wedding nazi aka wedding coordinator at your Parrish was/is so mean and void of a sense of humor??? The church lady as we call her in public was completely not having the father of the bride walk down the aisle with a mock bride. See everyone knows its bad luck for the bride to walk down the aisle before the wedding... So a friend of the bride made this cute version of V on skip stick... That lady was not amused and said that no church would ever do that blah blah blah. I was like ok. Anyway the church is beautiful and I know it's going to be an amazing wedding. 

The reception will be also! It's at the county club where they are members and I used to take the girls to swim back in the day. I've got every little detail of the candy buffet nailed down. Here is a pic of the practice run in my kitchen lol.

I just hope that the night doesn't get away from me. I'm not a watch wearing person but I might need to wear one to ought hahah. 

Best wishes to the Bride and Groom! It's 7:10 am and I am off to get things finalized and ready to set up at 11:)

3 comments:

  1. I hope it was a fantastic day! I've known some parish wedding coordinators that were pretty no-nonsense, but the one you had there seems to take it to another level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wedding planning sounds like tons of fun. I hope it went well :)

    ReplyDelete